As the Alexander Technique deals with one fundamental issue, namely the use of oneself, its benefits are felt through the whole spectrum of human activity and behavior.
Poor use of the self and long-term pain conditions are the result of long-term habits.
The Alexander Technique will help you become aware and ‘unlearn’ these habits and achieve a better perception of yourself in stillness and in action.
It is an intimate and personal journey. Different for each of us. Different even for us at different times. The benefits listed below will take a different meaning for each person and a different meaning for the same person at different moments.
These are merely words and cannot convey the inner taste of your own experience as you discover new ways of being, sensing, feeling, doing and moving in the world.
The application of the principles of the Alexander Technique will help you overcome:
- Poor posture and awareness of movement
- Poor perception of yourself
- Unnecessary effort, muscle tension and stiffness
- Anxiety and stress-related conditions
- Poor breathing and use of the voice
- Harmful reactions to pain
- Performance strain and anxiety
The Alexander Technique can help you improve the way you react and use yourself in any situation in life.
The Alexander Technique will help you:
- Improve your performance skills in music, sport and drama
- Become more alert and focus
- Become more calm and confident
- Stay focused and relaxed under pressure
- Breath and speak more easily
- Public speaking and presentation skills
- Deal with breathing and vocal disorders
- Improve your poise in singing
- Improve stature and posture
- Improve agility and stamina
- Prevent injury in physical repetitive activities
- Improve balance, stability, coordination and efficiency of movement
- Learn to deal consciously with changing conditions
- Deal with migraines and headaches
- Deal with stress, depression and anxiety
- Reduce the risks of injury
- Recover quicker after illness or injury
- Deal consciously with aging
- Promote better long-term health
- Choose for the sensations associated with good use and health
- Sit better in front of your computer at work and at home
- Perform better and enjoy your job more
- Develop a more reliable perception of your body
- Become more aware of your harmful habits
- Improve confidence and self-esteem
- Improve the ability to cope with stress and recovery form illness
- Skill enhancement
- Improved control of human reaction
F.M. Alexander sees the constructive conscious control of ourselves as a plane to be reached in a continuous process of renewed self-awareness and detachment.
At any given moment of our lives, we have the possibility to chose to stop and pause before any activity which present a difficulty and meet the next moment in a non-judgmental and opened attitude.
At any given moment we have the choice to offer to ourselves the gift of a new and promising experience, or repeat what we already now will not lead us to a better place.